It’s the most wonderful time of the year.. for organising your work Christmas Party.
Some of you may whoop for joy and relish the search to find the perfect spot, plan the festive entertainment and you may have already started your Xmas tunes Spotify playlist. But we’re guessing a few of you greet this with a big fat sigh. Where to go? What to do? How much? Dress up or down? But fear no more. Your pals at SpacetoCo have it sorted for you!
Here’s 6 foolproof Christmas party in Auckland ideas with venues, after party ideas and insider tips to get you extra brownie points (and kudos from your colleagues). Read on and prepare to put on your smug Christmas party face – as you’ll have your work Christmas function sorted!
The one that celebrates Friends 25th anniversary
|Your job’s a joke, you’re broke – but you can celebrate like it’s 1994. Throw a Friends theme Christmas Party in Auckland at Marty’s stunning venue on Symmonds St. Have your colleagues dress up as their favourite character. Get some umbrellas and recreate the fountain scene on the couch|
- Any friends themed party wouldn’t be complete without some team games to compete for the Geller Cup. A trivia game – like the one where Monica and Rachel lose their apartment, Foosball or Cups are all great options.
- A photo booth with friends props
- Get a folk singer to play some Phoebe Buffet classics – Smelly Cat anyone?
Host your party in the ultimate New York Style apartment, complete with couch. Conveniently located in Symmonds street and plenty of parking and transport options nearby.
Joey does not share food. But that’s OK because Sal’s New York Pizza is a great option. Or work with a caterer to recreate some friends classics like meatball sub, Thanksgiving dinner or maybe the infamous English Trifle. Maybe not.
Marty’s New York apartment space costs $100 an hour to rent. Suitable for up to 60 people, you can choose your caterer and bring your own booze.
Make it extra special
- Have everyone bring a unique coffee cup for their secret santa
- Use friends themed quotes on the invites
Have a ‘Record Making’ Christmas
|Get in the swing of things with a music themed Christmas party -hosted at Studio 38 venue and recording studio. Have your workmates dress up as their favourite musical hero. Or take it one step further and make a group record in Studio 38’s in house state of the art recording studio.|
- The perfect space to have a band to play some Christmas classic belters – they have exceptional acoustics and audio capability
- There is a fun jukebox with some classic vinyl to get the dance floor started
- Have everyone write their first album (or download for Gen Z!) on a post it note and everyone has to guess who’s is who’s
- Get everyone together to write your companies ‘office national anthem’
Cath & Jessie’s Studio 38 is the perfect Auckland’s perfect Christmas party venue. Lovingly restored from a crumbling warehouse to a thriving venue and recording studio this space has beautiful brick walls, fun touches and can be a blank canvas to add your own flair.
It has a separate bar area and they have a great catering option to make organising food & booze easy-as
Studio 38 is right next to Aotea Sq and the heart of the city. Your party can go on pretty late here but if you do want a nightcap Citizen Q is open til midnight
Make it extra special
Get everyone to put their favourite song on a Spotify playlist so you can relive the musical magic on the office stereo
Have yourself a Wellness Little Christmas
|Are your team more gym bunny than gin bunnies? Why not avoid the hangovers and do a wellness themed Christmas party? Give your team the treat they deserve – a night to recover, de-stress, spend quality time together and celebrate a hard years’ work before the summer hols start.|
- Organise activities that help your team rest and relax and treat them to a blissful evening of festive self care
- Your party could include a restorative yoga & meditation session, a masseuse or a mindful workshop on zentangling by the wonderful ReCreators
- Use the peaceful setting to create an intention tree and have the team create some meaningful goals for the new year ahead
Catie’s beautiful light filled space is located in the heart of one of Parnell’s historic warehouse buildings. The space has beautiful wooden floors, a small kitchenette, WiFi and a sound system.
From $65 per hour to hire and it’s suitable for up to 30 people.
For a special team dinner, some of Auckland finest dining establishments are in nearby Parnell including Woodpecker Hill, Cibo and Pasture. To continue the healthy theme Rosie has seasonal veg filled plates or treat your team to one of the many day spas on Parnell high street
For gym bunnies who turn into Gin bunnies, there is no better post party cocktail venue than Pineapple.
Make it extra special
Give your team anti-stress kit goodie bags that could include relaxing oils, treatment vouchers, posh tea bags or a gratitude journal
Christmas Dinner with All The Trimmings
|Wine and dine in a rustic courtyard setting. Sometimes simple is best and an intimate dinner to enjoy great food in a stunning private setting is all that’s needed to close out and celebrate the year’s achievements.|
- Get your team to come prepared with their favourite stories from the year and reminisce together
- Make fun Christmas crackers with personal gifts and inside jokes or office quotes inside
- Ask DeBrett to pair wines to the food and savour the flavours and notes from some of NZ’s best wines
Book Hotel DeBrett’s private courtyard for free (minimum spend applies). Stunningly lit with art deco features, this is an intimate and spacial space away from the buzz of the hotel’s main atruim.
Hotel DeBrett’s food philosophy revolves around a seasonally-driven menu which celebrates exceptional New Zealand produce every day, complemented by superb wines from selected local vineyards
Free! a minimum spend may apply depending on time & party size. Suitable for up to 14 people, so would suit a small team
Make it extra special
Hotel DeBrett do a fab afternoon tea, so a gift voucher for a special treat to your team member of the year would be a nice thank you touch.
Your Christmas Party in Auckland
We hope this has given you some food for thought for how and where to host your Christmas Party in Auckland!
Are you a venue that would like to get more bookings and visibility for your function venue in Auckland? You can list your space with us for free today!
Interested in Space Sharing – we’ve compiled the ultimate guide
Want to know what it’s like to be a host on SpacetoCo.com? Check out how hosting a space on SpacetoCo has helped Matt achieve his lifestyle goals.